Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bye Bye Snacking!

My biggest weakness is snacking--I will snack all day long and by the end of the day, I really have no clue how much junk I have consumed!  It's easy to convince yourself that one or two bites don't count, but much harder to remember how many little indulgences you have had throughout the day.
His new favorite activity is raiding the pantry!
In my effort to lose the last few baby pounds and get back in shape, I have decided to nix the unhealthy snacking.  This will be hard.  With a 3 year old and 5 year old, our pantry is overflowing with snacks--chips, cookies, crackers, pudding...But I am lucky that my children really do eat pretty healthy and the snacks on hand aren't "too" bad.  This is going to simply be a matter of not munching mindlessly and thoughtfully planning what snacks I have on hand for me.  So today, I whipped up a batch of black bean dip, chopped some veggies, washed some fresh fruit and arranged the refrigerator so I have a shelf just for my " mommy" snacks :)  Here's to dropping a bad habit while sacrificing the yummy treats! 
 
With the signs of Spring showing, the kids and I recently planted a vegetable garden and it is already producing!  We pulled our first batch of radishes and our cilantro and basil are ready to use!  We also planted a lemon tree and have hopes for some strawberries in the future!  Now if I can just keep the rabbits out of it...

No comments: